Hey, before we jump to the topic 11 Best Movies to Stream Over Labor Day Weekend, we will know about Labors Day Weekend.
What is Labor Day
Labor Day, (in Spanish: Día del Trabajo) is an annual holiday celebrated worldwide, honoring the achievements and contributions of workers. Originating during the labor union movement, it advocates for fair wages and working conditions. Traditionally observed on the first Monday of September in the U.S., it varies in date elsewhere. It symbolizes the end of summer and is marked by parades, picnics, and relaxation.
11 Best Movies to Stream Over Labor Day Weekend viewing:
Enjoy the Long Weekend with These 11 Best Movies to Stream Over Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is here, which means an extra day off work and more time for fun activities. If you’re looking for some entertaining movie options to watch during the long weekend, here are 11 great films available on various streaming platforms:
1. Jurassic Park (1993) – This Steven Spielberg classic never gets old. Watch Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcolm try to survive vicious dinosaurs on the loose at John Hammond’s island theme park. Where to stream: HBO Max
2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994) – Often voted one of the best movies of all time, this poignant Stephen King adaptation follows the unlikely friendship between inmates Andy Dufresne and Red as they both serve life sentences at Shawshank State Penitentiary. Where to stream: Netflix
3. When Harry Met Sally (198
– This beloved romantic comedy stars Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal as the title characters, who debate whether men and women can ever just be friends. It has some of the most iconic scenes in rom-com history. Where to stream: Netflix
4. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982) – Relive the magic and wonder of Steven Spielberg’s classic about the friendship between a lonely boy named Elliott and a kind alien stranded on Earth. Where to stream: HBO Max
5. Forrest Gump (1994) – Tom Hanks delivers an Oscar-winning performance as a man with a low IQ who finds himself present at many major historical events in 20th century America. Where to stream: Netflix
6. Back to the Future (1985) – Great Scott! This wholly original sci-fi comedy has teenager Marty McFly accidentally sent back in time to 1955 in a time machine built from a DeLorean by his friend Doc Brown. Where to stream: Netflix
7. Clueless (1995) – Alicia Silverstone is pitch perfect as popular Beverly Hills high school student Cher in this endlessly quotable modern adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma. Where to stream: Netflix
8. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) – This incredible animated film introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales as he teams up with alternate universe versions of Spider-Man to fight Kingpin and other villains. Where to stream: Netflix
9. Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) – Harrison Ford is at his swashbuckling best as archeologist Indiana Jones on a globetrotting journey to find the legendary Ark of the Covenant before the Nazis. Where to stream: Paramount+
10. The Princess Bride (1987) – Fairy tales collide with satire and slapstick in this hilarious adventure of true love and “mostly” dead pirates. Where to stream: Disney+
11. Toy Story (1995) – The animated classic that started it all, about a pull-string cowboy doll named Woody who feels threatened when his owner Andy gets a high-tech spaceman action figure named Buzz Lightyear. Where to stream: Disney+
With these 11 varied and high-quality options, you’re sure to find something entertaining to stream while spending time with family and friends this Labor Day weekend (2023). What movie will you watch first? Let us know in the comments!